Bloggers Interiors : apartment with Deers by Alena Yudina designer

Hello Alena, you are an inspired interior designer in Kiev. Today, we are lucky to visit your very nice apartment, named apartment with deers. Could you tell us more about your inspiration?
It is always new people, new impressions, new historical periods and new countries…
Now, for example, it’s about 70s and 40s.
Now it’s the ancient China and at the same time the Russian avant-garde, which is, in my opinion, one of the most captivating, this is Marc Chagall, whose history fascinated me forever.

My ultimate freedom is to inspire and to be inspired.

The inspiring women are such legends as Diana Vreeland, I love also Audrey, Twiggy, Jane and Veruschka - that were the beauties to my humble opinion.

You should seek the inspiration inside Your own head and in the world surrounding You, in the people You love, in dreams, in the art and in the awareness of the moment, which is “here and now”.

Some people believe that the inspiration is a very “working condition” and that it comes during the work. And I’m sure that it comes in time of love and in time of suffering. There is no more creative state than love is.

Could you tell us more about your favorite color?
I like the white color. Vassiliy Kandinskiy described the white color in very beautiful way in his collected stories on the color spectrum.

Who are yours favorites designers, creators or artists?
Surely, the’re quite many of them.
Veruschka is model, the muse, the object of art in herself, the true beauty and very clever person. There’s a movie in her honor, called by her name. Very inspiring, by the way.

I admire the way of Mikhail Ossipovich Eisenshtein to animate the spaces, how Le Corbusier transformed something rigid and still into something flexible and plastic, I like the purity of Peter Marino, I am very much inspired by Jacques Majorelle, who seems not to be the architect at all.

Do you have any piece of furniture you hankered to possess?
Perhaps, it is “Vassiliy”, the chair, related to the history of the Bauhaus school and named in honor of Vassiliy Kandinskiy.

Do You have some object you are inseparable with?
The Alesi geyser coffee maker, that’s it.

What web sites or magazines do you follow?
I like very much Yatzer and Dezeen among those, specializing in design.

Which books are the most important for You?
Those which made me think in other way and changed my perception of the world, my attitude.

Which music do You like?
In the list of my favourites are the Doors, Portiahead, The Knife, The Killers, PULP.
Thank you Alena, a word to finish?
“Don’t listen to anyone. Trust the things that give you pleasure. Trust the emotions. If you love something but can’t explain why, that’s enough”. - Calice Becker
I think, these are the words I would like to end with.

More information about Alena Yudina
All pictures : Alena Yudina , drawing : ernø

Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire

Articles les plus consultés